Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pre-op

So today I had my pre-op visit with my surgeon and the hospital. Dr. T was great, I took some moulds, took some xrays (ugh, scary dinosaur face!) and he explained the whole process. The way he does surgery is to make a plastic bite plate, and when he sets the jaws in the right spot, he wires them shut with the bite plate to make sure they are in the best spot possible. He said it'll be gone by the time I wake up... so, NO SPLINT..YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! He also told me that Im the first surgery on the books for the day, so its a bright and early morning for me, beginning at 6 am.

The hospital didn't go as smooth.. they spelt my name wrong at admissions and I had to go to a bunch of different people to get it fixed. One lady was a real you know what! The anesthesiologist was nice.. he asked me if I was on "street drugs" haha..too funny.

All in all, a fun day.. even the dreaded blood test didn't go as bad as I thought. I had said to the woman taking my blood I was more nervous for the needle than my actual surgery!


so...5 days to go.
l

No comments:

Post a Comment