Tuesday, March 10, 2009

1st Post-op appointment!


Today was my first post-op appointments with both my surgeon and my orthodontist.

At my surgeons, they took an x-ray..then when I saw Dr. T, he was surprised my chin bandage was still on... what! I thought I was supposed to wait for him to take it off! Needless to say, having a bandage from ear to ear removed with week old adhesive was...VERY painful. He cleaned up the adhesive on my skin, and I found it funny I couldn't feel it whatsoever on my chin and bottom lip.

He cut the bands (relief!!!) and my mouth sprung open.. at least two fingers wide, so thats good. He had a look around and said everything looked pretty good. He and his assistant cleaned up my teeth with some listerine or something and then he showed me how to put my bands back on. More on that later.


Final measurements were a lower advancement of 6mm, and since the genio was a reduction, he just sanded it down, so I don't have a measurement for that really.

Ill see him again next week.

My Ortho's office sent me flowers last week, so I made sure to thank them when I got there.. Dr. W did something called "Cranial Sacral" Therapy.. which is where he massages certain parts of the head and face to encourage drainage and reduction of swelling. I could've fallen asleep right there! Before I left, I made sure to ask him for a tool to help putting on my elastics.


OKAY..so its the moment I've been waiting for for a week.. I made cut up spaghetti/sauce for dinner.. BOY WAS IT HARD TO EAT!!! I think I'll stick to mashed potatoes or something.

So after dinner i quickly brushed my teeth (that felt weird..) and then ATTEMPTED to put my elastics back on. Um... okay so Im not sure I did this correctly. My surgeon showed me the box configuration, but I think i may have put them on wrong, and Im paranoid..so I might have to pop by tomorrow just to double check. Or ask them to fax me a little diagram. I always feel bad bugging Dr. T though!!


Here is a pic of my X-ray.. not the greatest picture..thank you very much iPhone.. but you can see the screws. I've got about 7 in total.



No comments:

Post a Comment