Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ugh..

Its been about..2 days since my surgery.

I've gotta say..my swelling dropped a lot between yesterday and today (I credit that with booking it out of the hospital first chance), and my mood has improved a lot as well. Obviously, Im still pretty tired.. I had about 4 naps today (between 1hr and 2.5hrs each).

Yesterday, I could only manage water, juice (which I found hard cause it was sugary and would make my throat all sticky and clogged) and chicken and beef broths. Yum.

Today, I managed to get down a peach smoothie my mom made for me, as well as a strawberry ensure (gag). The peach smoothie was good, and I knew from the ice-creamy taste it was gonna be fattening, which is what I need considering I've lost EIGHT POUNDS since monday. That doesn't seem normal...

I think so far the most frustrating thing by far is the weird pain I'm feeling along the side of my face and in my ears. It feels SUPER tight.. I might have to ask for some muscle relaxants, we'll see. Another thing that bothers me is when I sit down at the dinner table to eat my 'meal' and my whole family has chicken, mashed potatoes, etc. Definitely depressing.

So far though, I think I've managed okay. I don't know what I'd do if my parents weren't around all day, esp. my mom to take care of me. Everyone has done a great job.. from my sister making me laugh through emails..to my boyfriend always being able to cheer me up. :)

Tomorrow, I'll post updated pics from tonight, as well as whatever fun things happen between now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment