Monday, March 9, 2009

Honestly..I must have NO luck at all!! (One Week Post-Op)

First off.. I have some new pictures, But I'll post em later..


This weekend was great.. my parents went out of town, and my boyfriend Mike stayed with me to keep me company and make sure I didn't pass out again (after Saturday's incident). Well two things right now are frustrating me beyond belief.

1. My tongue.

My second molar from the back on the left side of my face is kind of pointy (for some odd reason), and because of the new position of my jaws, my tongue is kind of at odds about where to sit. Well its wedged itself between my top and bottom teeth. (if that makes sense). Its almost as if I'm biting down on my tongue, but the worst part is..the more I bite my tongue, the more cut-up and swollen it gets. Well its gotten to the point where its STUCK between those teeth. I cant pull it out, because it just opens up the cut again!! SO annoying. I almost cut my bands because of this.. it drives me NUTS!!


2. Im sick. AGAIN!!

If you read this blog before, I posted about having a cold 5 days before my surgery (which could've been bad news..but it was okay in the end). Well I gave the cold to my boyfriend, and because we spent time together this weekend.. I've picked it back up in the form of a nasty chest cough!! Its annoying trying to get rid of a loose cough when your teeth are banded together. Again, I almost wanted to cut the bands because of this.


Tomorrow is my first post-op visit..with my surgeon AND my ortho.. so who knows what that will entail. The only words I want to hear tomorrow are "yes Meghan, it is okay for you to eat mashed potatoes". Im serious.


No comments:

Post a Comment