Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Food, not-so-glorious Food

Today, on my 16th day post-op, I'm wondering if I'll ever eat normally again.

The past two weeks have been a blur...the first week and a half, I swore I'd never had so much soup, broth, juice, water etc in my whole life. I started drinking Carnation Instant Breakfasts not that long ago and Im basically living off those things, even now.

Just recently (over the weekend), I started eating things I used to eat...like spaghetti (cut up), rice, mashed potatoes, and last night, Swiss Chalet fries w/sauce (you won't know it if you aren't Canadian).

It's a struggle to eat these things, and for some reason my stomach wants to reject all of it..but the weirdest thing of all, is how strange it feels to chew.

At my 2nd post-op yesterday, my OS said I was doing realllllly well and to keep doing what Im doing. Cause I was doing so well, I decided to try chew some food....Id heard horror stories on ArchWired about people trying to eat too soon.... well, it was rather uneventful. I can do it, but it feels very VERY strange to chew. I guess it's cause I havent done it in two weeks, but it feels like an alien sensation.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Thanks for sharing your story. I just found your blog. I just had my surgery last Saturday (21st) and am currently recovering. Glad to read that you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete